The Rancho Bernardo Planning Board met at the Oaks North Community Center on Thursday, July 21.
Here is a recap of the meeting:
- PUSD Surplus Land: The Poway Unified School district declared about 11 acres of land on Avenida Venusto in Bernardo Heights as surplus land. The board agreed to send a letter to the city in support of possibly purchasing the land for school or park use. Due to the shortages of parks in RB, the board agreed to write a letter in support of the city to use the land for school or park and recreational purposes.
- I-15 Express Lanes Update: Interstate 15 express lanes opened northbound and southbound lanes on Jan. 17. During peak commute hours, the average travel times dropped going northbound from 23 minutes last year, to 19 minutes this year. Southbound travel times last year was at 24 minutes and is now down to 19 minutes.
- Parliamentarian Position: The Parliament position was eliminated last year and the position will not be reinstated.
- : The project was approved to consolidate sewer pumps 62 and 84 stations. The main goal is to stop sewer spills and avoid odor leakage said Rolf Lee, San Diego City engineer.
- Summer Watering Times: Scheduled water times during the summer will occur between June 1 and Oct. 31. All irrigation and hand watering should take place before 10 a.m. or after 6 p.m. said Tiffany Vinson, a community representative for San Diego City Councilman Carl DeMaio's office. Water enforcement during the summer months occur every year said Vinson, and to also avoid water evaporation.
The next board meeting is set for Thursday, July 19.