Disgraced former San Diego mayor Bob Filner has been hospitalized after having a reported fainting episode following a workout, 10News reported today.
Filner, 71, was taken to the emergency room at Scripps Mercy Hospital on Wednesday afternoon, the station reported. An unnamed source told the station that Filner was working out on gym equipment before he entered a Jacuzzi and passed out.
No further information was available on Filner's condition.
Filner resigned as San Diego's mayor last August after accusations of sexual harassment by several women. He pleaded guilty to charges stemming from those accusations in October and spent three months under house arrest earlier this year.
—City News Service
- Former San Diego Mayor Filner Is Free, Finishes House Arrest
- Former San Diego Mayor Filner's Pension Is Cut
- 8th Woman Accuses Filner of Unwanted Sexual Advances
- Mayor Filner Resigns Effective Aug. 30
- Great-Grandmother Says Filner Made Advances, Hinted of ‘8-Hour’ Sexual Prowess
- Filner Victim Gets Her Day, Literally