After just opening in Fall of 2011— is already finding success. Owner Stephanie Firenze took some time to talk to Patch about the fitness center to kick off the inaugural "Behind the Biz" column.
1. Why did you choose Rancho Bernardo to open your business?
My husband grew up in Poway and from the first time I visited, I knew this would be the perfect community to benefit from The Dailey Method. It's a great community and it's where we want to raise a family!
2. What are some of the current challenges you face as a business owner?
Getting our message out and raising awareness of what The Dailey Method has to offer has been the toughest, so far.
3. What distinguishes your business from others in the same industry?
The exercises are non-impact but incredibly challenging, effective and safe making it suitable for all fitness levels and ages. Clients see physical results within weeks! While we only offer group fitness classes, a group environment can provide a sense of belonging, social support and accountability which clients find largely beneficial! Plus, unlike traditional group fitnesses classes, clients receive individualized attention. We also offer childcare Monday through Saturday for the majority of our classes.
4. What's the best business advice you've been given?
Focus on the customer and make sure clients are getting the results they are looking for.
5. What changes, if any, would you like to see in the local business community?
More business camaraderie and businesses working together to help the community.