Kick off the first weekend in February with some artsy fun!
Catch a musical featuring Poway High School students, learn how to oil paint , or shop at the Boardwalk Craft Market.
Poway, Rancho Bernardo, and 4S Ranch will have events for art goers and activity seekers alike.
Click on the links for more info.
- What's Up: The 4-week course will help you develop basic skills in oil painting. Learn composition, brush handling and color.
- When: 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 2.
- Where: Icarus Creative Arts, Bernardo Winery, 13330 Paseo Del Verano Norte Ste H, Rancho Bernardo.
- Price: $120 plus $20 for material.
- What's Up: Watch a how musical story unfolds. Performed by Poway High School students, the musical Hello, Dolly is a story about a woman living in New York City during the turn of the 20th century.
- When: 7 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 1 or Saturday, Feb. 2.
- Where: Poway Center for Performing Arts, 15498 Espola Rd, Poway.
- Price: $10 Students/Seniors/Active Military, $12 General Admission.
- What's Up: The annual Boardwalk Craft Market will showcase arts and crafts of members the Poway Arts and Crafts Guild and guest artists.
- When: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 2.
- Where: Old Poway Park, 14134 Midland Rd # A, Poway.
- Price: Free.
- What's Up: Take a little trip over to Ramona to hear the music of electric bassist, Stu Hamm. His music is combines rock, jazz, classical, country, and urban sounds.
- When: 7 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 2.
- Where: Ramona Mainstage, 626 Main St, Ramona.
- Price: $30-$250.
- What's Up: Local librarians will share and discuss their favorite books. Grab a cup of coffee and learn something new!
- When: 10 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 2.
- Where: San Diego County Branch Libraries, 13137 Poway Rd, Poway.
- Price: Free.